The precautions, taken in the face of the COVID-19 Outbreak, which manifests a grave threat to human health, and deeply affects our economic and social lives all over the world, have become our top priority.
While the uncertainty of the Outbreak continues around the world, we are dedicated to pursuing our operations to support our customers and other stakeholders by protecting our employees’ health to the highest degree possible, with our understanding that the occupational safety of our employees assures the sustainability of our business.
Since the first days of the pandemic, Cimtas Group has been following the safety guidelines introduced by the Chinese and Turkish Governments at our 7 facilities located in China and Türkiye.
So far, Cimtas Ningbo, with a workforce comprising 400 Cimtas Employees, and which follows the Chinese Government’s hygiene and quarantine measures, has managed to continue operations without serious health issues or workday loss.
The COVID-19 Precautions and Practices which are applied at Cimtas Group’s 5 facilities in Türkiye follow Turkish Government legislation, reflecting good examples and effective implementations from China.
We can summarize the scope of Cimtas Group’s Precautions under 3 main headings, Hygiene, Social Distancing and Isolation, and Emergency Management.
- Within the scope of Hygiene practices to prevent the spread of the epidemic, personal hygiene training sessions have been run for employees, and internal communication tools and media are used effectively.
- We started to take employees’ temperatures in the company shuttles before entering the facilities, and increased the cleaning frequency of shared areas and vehicles.
- We have multiplied the number of liquid hand disinfectants, and started distributing cologne for personal usage. While mask usage has been made mandatory, we distribute surgical type masks to our employees regularly.
- Ventilation is primarily provided with natural air. Areas that rely on air conditioning systems are cleaned and disinfected frequently.
SOCIAL DISTANCING & ISOLATION
- Within the scope of social distancing and Isolation measures, we defined a working discipline based on social distancing, with which we aim to secure maximum performance with the lowest numbers of the workforce.
- We increased the number of shifts, limited the use of meeting rooms, and implemented digital meetings. Manufacturing work instructions are also attended by small groups.
- The Dining Hall seating layout has been adjusted to accommodate social distancing conditions, and all non-food items are packaged separately.
- Employees at risk of chronic illnesses or who are over 65 years old, started to work from home. On the other hand, employees who continue to come to the facilities began to work according to social distancing in the offices, bays, shuttles, resting areas, dressing rooms, etc.
- Employees displaying flu symptoms, or who have relatives diagnosed with COVID-19, work from home.
- All international visits to/from our premises are temporarily suspended. In case of emergency and breakdown, A COVID-19 Procedure has been put in place for the entrances of domestic third parties to Cimtas Facilities.
- In case of emergency or breakdown, a COVID-19 Procedure has been put in place for the entry of domestic third parties to Cimtas Facilities.
- COVID-19 Precautions are defined and implemented by the Crisis Coordination Groups of Group Companies, led by the Cimtas Leadership Team.
- A COVID-19 Emergency Plan has been prepared within the scope of Crisis Management.
- An Emergency Case Process Management has been drawn up in accordance with this plan, and to ensure effective implementation and monitoring, and all related documents have been added to the Group Companies’ HSE System.